www.romagna.it

Benvenuti sul forum di Romagna.it, il forum della Romagna!
Oggi è ven ago 17, 2018 7:51 pm

Tutti gli orari sono UTC +1 ora [ ora legale ]

Autore Messaggio
 Oggetto del messaggio: Oceans and Seas in Sketchup?
MessaggioInviato: sab apr 21, 2018 2:51 pm 
Non connesso

Hi,
I would like to create some water scenes like a lakeside or beach house but am at a loss as to how to go about setting up the water. In my last attempt, I made a terrain with TT's Bitmap2mesh and raised a rectangular plane where the water level would be. I then exported to Kerkythea and tried the various water materials from the water pack but none looked as realistic as I wanted. Though shaders and bump maps can be used, I would also like to model as much as possible to make the scene more convincing. I searched for any tutorials on making displacement maps for oceans but having a hard time finding a universal method that would cover most 3D render packages. I'm thinking if I can at least learn how to make a proper water displacement or bump map, I can apply it with the Bitmap2mesh to make a water plane within Sketchup and even make my own materials. Does anyone know of a good tutorial on this or is there a free program that can generate such maps like how the program "Wilbur" can generate terrain maps?

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://sketchucation.com/forums/viewto ... 79&t=49668
Marketing video agency

Thanks

Profilo  

Tutti gli orari sono UTC +1 ora [ ora legale ]