www.romagna.it

Benvenuti sul forum di Romagna.it, il forum della Romagna!
Oggi è ven ago 17, 2018 7:51 pm

Tutti gli orari sono UTC +1 ora [ ora legale ]

Autore Messaggio
 Oggetto del messaggio: Effect of sea water temperature on fresh water production
MessaggioInviato: gio mag 03, 2018 12:43 pm 
Non connesso

Hi,

I have a question regarding fresh water generators. I noticed a drop in the production of the FWG as we were moving into cooler waters, and reported it to the chief. He said that this is unusual as lower sea water temperatures actually increase the amount of water the FWG can produce, and suggested that the FWG needs cleaning. When I asked him to explain why he didn't have an answer so honestly, I'm sceptical. I would expect lower sea water temperatures to reduce the production rate, as although the condenser element will be cooler and may be able to condense more water, it takes more heat to evaporate the sea water in the first place. If chief is right, why is this?
Anyway, my solution was to just close in the HT bypass a little more. There is a superstition on here that doing this would cause all sorts of HT temperature engine alarms and be more trouble than it is worth, but once I closed it in by a turn or so our production increased drastically. I suspect that when someone tried closing it in more in the past they did it too quickly so the controller couldn't adjust in time. Chief has now changed his mind about cleaning the FWG as all is fine now, but was he right about the lower sea water temperatures increasing production?

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
http://www.dieselduck.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2311
3D Walkthrough Video

Thank you.

Profilo  

Tutti gli orari sono UTC +1 ora [ ora legale ]